Saturday, November 7, 2020

Other "Perfect" games?

 Was just reading through some old posts and realized there are multiple "perfect" games that I was remiss to not mention.

The very first one to come to mind is Chrono Trigger. This also could be, the best game I have ever played. Every playthrough feels fresh even though I know the outcome. It is easily one of the ten best games I have ever played. The graphics (still!), story, music, combat, characters, it has everything a jrpg should but in spades.

Another "perfect" game that comes to mind is Sid Meier's Civilization (series). Somehow, this man has managed to create not one, but six, of the greatest games ever made. Each entry in the series continues to evolve but still manage to produce that "just one more turn" feeling. I am currently playing Civ 6 and loving it. 

Shining Force II. Simply the greatest game ever made for the Sega Genesis and I am willing to debate about it. Gameplay, Story, Music, Graphics, OST, yep. Shining Force II is probably my favorite strategy game of all time, it is easily my favorite srpg ever made (yes even next to FFT). Which brings us to....

Final Fantasy Tactics is my favorite entry into the Final Fantasy multiverse thus far. It made me love the world of Ivalice, now my favorite. This game has arguably near infinite replay value nowadays thanks to mods and updates. There are so many ways to play this game, so many party combinations, the possibilities might actually be near endless. 

Fatal Fury (Garou): Mark of the Wolves. This game is basically the perfect fighting game and i'm willing to make a fuss about it, so Rock Howard and friends will have their own entry dedicated to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment